Hypocrite ?

So if who I was in the past, and who I am now, are completely different, and I am trying hard to be a good person now, am I a hypocrite? Because I can't help feeling like I am. I am ashamed and I feel incredibly guilty about my past.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think you should feel guilty but be glad that you have changed and are a better person than before!
    MrsDeputy

Answer by MrsDeputy at 1:00 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• No. I believe that a person who acknowledges their mistakes in the past and try to make their life better are people that have wisdom and understanding and are able to help someone else they have been or headed down the same road.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• No, you are not a hypocrite. I know it took me some time to forgive myself for my past, maybe that's is what you are feeling? You need to forgive yourself, it will make moving on a lot easier.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 1:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• No, you are truly working on being better, tell the devil to hush-he is telling you that stuff about being a hypocrite cause of your past.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Karrie hit it right :-) You have to choose to not let your spiritual ears listen to what the enemy is telling you and believe me he will harp on your past .... there is a saying that I love.
    Satan knows all about your past but YOU know all about his future ! (something like that lol)
    Anyway just keep in the presence of the Lord safe in His keeping and do not let the enemy make you do his bidding!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• technically, yes, but so is everyone else,

the difference between your past and your future, is learning from what you did from your past and using it to become a better person.

Use your faults to gain strength from, don't let it hold you back.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I dont think you are. People change for better and unfortunately for the worst. If you are truely wanting to change negative things about your life then I would say that you are NOT a hypocrite.You are changing your life to the positive. Example: If you are a drunk and then tell others not to drink that will make you a hypocrite.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Why should you regret ANY of what is in your past?? It led you to where you are today. Did you take a lesson away from it? So even if you feel the action (or whatever) was a mistake, you would be different today w/o it. So claim it, accept it and move on. Maybe something/one in your life is making you feel guilty? Don't allow others to put value on your *anything*- YOU are the only one who can truly know what, why, how etc...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 2:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• No, we are all sinners, and we Christians, inclusing myself feel guilty at times for our sins. But God has forgiven us through Jesus. You know when Jesus called the Jews a Hypocrite, He did that because they were selling things in the temple and they did not feel guilty they used the temple like it was a store instead of God's House (church). That is why Jesus called them a Hypocrite because they were doing something other than what they promised to do, they took an oath to teach people God's word but they were not. Instead they were selling things. See the point?
    tombheaven

Answer by tombheaven at 3:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Why do you feel guilty. That's not being a hypocrite. That's learning and evolving and growing. There are MANY hypocrites out there but you don't sound like you are one
    sexy_with_5

Answer by sexy_with_5 at 6:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2009