How do I hurt my tail bone without falling on it?

I didn't fall. I didn't run into anything. Nothing AT ALL that I can recall, but ever since I woke up this morning my tail bone has been hurting soo bad! I think I bruised it, but I can't imagine how. Any ideas? What can I do to make it feel better? Anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Health

• I am thinking that you could have put pressure on it for a long time- sitting in a car or bus, perhaps, and the long pressure or tapping on it may have hurt it. Similar to if you rode in a car for hours with your elbow next to the door and the elbow kept touching, after a while there would be bruising. This is just a wild guess, however. I'd suggest ice on your tailbone for now (no more than 15-20 minutes at a time- don't want to freeze the tissue) and then tomorrow some heat if you still hurt. You might be told to take an NSAID such as Aleve. If it isn't that you sat for a long time yesterday, then perhaps it is arthritis- do you have a history of arthritis? It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a doctor to check, just to make sure.

Answer by Bmat at 9:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2009