Fighting sleep.

So for the past 4 nights my son has been fighting sleep. I know he's tired he rubs his eyes constantly and has a tired look on his face. He's fed and clean and we have even tried seeing if its his teeth and gave him teething tablets and tylenol but he still screams his head off when we lay him down and is super cranky when we hold him. I'd try and let him Cry It Out but I truely don't believe in it not to mention he drools so much when he starts to scream chokes. He finally ends up falling asleep when we result to taking him for a drive in the car. I just don't understand what to do he has a routine and everything. Any ideas of why he does this and how to fix it?

DessaG20

Asked by DessaG20 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old? My son is also liek that DONT get him use to the car drives to sleep though bad habit. Try having a fun day with him, lots of new discoveries on his part and lots of nice healthy meals. Then about three hours before bed tone it down. give him a bath and lights off no comotion. lil night light...a sweet snuggly he knows like a stuffed animal and just saty in the room and be quiet. it works for us...takes a couple days and strict rountine
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I know you said you have a routine and every baby is different, but I just thought I'd share what works for us:
    We give him a bath, then bring him into our room(his crib is in our room). The room only has the 2 night lights on, he gets a massage, I dress him in his PJ's then nurse him till he is almost asleep. Then I just put him down, sometimes he wakes up and I give him his pacifier . He is 10 weeks old now and up until 7 weeks he woke up after 4-6 hours and needed nursing, now I get to sleep through the night, he sleep approx from 9p-7a
    He fights sleep too, so when I see that he starts his screaming I bring him to bed early because I read somewhere that it is harder for them to fall asleep when they are overtired,
    Good luck and I hope it gets better!
    januarymom81

Answer by januarymom81 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2009