does a savings bond value go up and down with the stock market the same way stocks do?

my kids have savings bonds well over 10 yrs old and was wondering if they still had value

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• Oh here's an answer you don't want- depends on what type of savings bond you have. You'll have to look into it more. Some bonds go up and down with stocks- some go up about 3% every year no matter what. Some are adjusted for inflation. It really just depends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• great I don't know what kind they are....my mil is holding them and if I ask she freak out like something is behind it....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:56 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Maybe you could research it first and then ask her. Tell her that someone was talking to you about savings bonds and how some just go up but others rose and fell in value depending on the stock market, and that it made you curious to know what kind your mil had bought for the kids.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2009