My Son Scratches His Eye! Ahhh!

My son, who will be 16 weeks on Friday, frequently diggs at his right eye with his fingers. I constantly keep an eye on him to move his hands away from his eye because I'm afraid he's going to cause damage to his eye or his vision. It's only his right eye. It appears OK and the area around the eye only gets red after he's been scratching at it. He had cradle cap but it's going away. Other than trying to be as hyp0-allergenic as possible and keeping his nails short as possible (he refuses to keep mittens or socks on his hands and when he has them on, he just uses them to rub at his eye), what can I do? We are going to the doctor for it but I wanted to see if other moms noticed this about their babies and if they discovered why their babies were doing it? Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had a biting problem..he would bite on his hand until he would bleed...with the sock we you tape it downto keep it tight and that may help...good luck with it
    AProudUSMCWife

Answer by AProudUSMCWife at 9:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2009