Have you ever received a pedicure before going to the GYN?

I've never actually gone the the spa for a pedi, but I've made sure my paint wasn't chipped the night before? I guess since doc have me on the tabled ( all spreaded out) I notice they looking at your toes as you place them in the stirrups. Sometimes I wonder ( after I leave) if they have that, " did you see her feet moment." It may be my conscience minds because I am totally vulnerable and try to always look clean. Does any one else think about this?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 3:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• haha, I don't think they are really interested in my feet, but I do always make sure my pedicure looks nice anyway if I am wearing sandals or no shoes. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• No. However, I do without fail take a shower right before I go to the GYN. I figure it is just a common courtesy to make sure I am clean. I don't really care much about my feet, so long as I am clean.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have never done that but I am with PP on the taking a shower but I always make sure I shave everything on that day, for some reason I cant help but think that the doc and his nureses are gunna go out of the room and talk about how I missed a few days shaving, I know I am a freak right but seriously I cant help it. I used to get waaaaayyyyyy freaked out when I was pregnant and couldn;t shave down there, I can only imagine what they must have thought
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• No lol but I do make sure Im trimmed. I made the mistake of shaving the day of, and got red bumps alllll on my bikini line. So now I shave my legs and trim my kitty. And I ALWAYS shower the morning of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• No i leave my socks on. But I'm with the others on the shaving and showering part. Even when I gave birth and couldn't see my cooter or my thighs I was painstakingly trying to shave and put lotion on the whole week or so before hand for fear I'd be spread eagle and have someone say something about it lol. I'm more concerned about body hair and odor than toes lol.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 7:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I leave my socks on.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Honestly who gives a crap what they think. They see a million va-jay jays every single day and most likely couldn't care less who has a pedicure, who shaves or whatever else.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• don't care. and I guarantee they don't either. Unless you happen to be the "worse case yet" hehe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Haha, I don't even shave. When I did get a pedicure (right before giving birth - seriously, I was in labor and didn't know it) it was for me, so I could focus on something while pushing. Sparkly dark blue polish, I loved it!
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 8:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My gyno is looking up my ying-yang...the least of my worries is what he thinks of my feet! Keep your socks on!
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 8:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2009