Depressed!!

I was supposibly diagnoses with Aspergers as a child by still display characteristics. I cannot hold a job or feel like I can do anything right. I sometimes wish I was never born. My sister used to tell me to abort my son in chances of him getting it but sometimes wish my mom would have aborted me. I don't want to live anymore. :-( What should I do? I need to talk to someone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Hun never ever wish things like that. Things may not seem right, right now, but your little boy is all the "right" you need in your life. Ok so you have trouble keeping a job other people in this world do as well. Whats important is your child who loves his mommy dearly abortion is never an answer and I so wish you sister hadn't told you that. Don't be down instead be positive and change things for the better! Good Luck and Hugs if you ever need a friend PM me
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• AW Sweetie, don't be so hard on yourself. Try finding a different kind of work to do--grocery store work is usually easy enough (Iknow, because I worked in 2 delis) once they train you, it's not hard to keep up. Don't listen to your sister. She should be encouraging you, instead of putting you down! I'll pray for you, just hang in there. Keep your chin up, and count your blessings, Think of all the good things you have--don't concentrate on the bad. (((hugs))).
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 4:20 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I would seek counseling - be it talking to a trusted friend or a real counselor. Also, maybe see if you can find the book "Shattered Dreams". I went into a deep depression a few years (or so) ago and this book was amazing. It's written by Larry Crabb. :o)
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I'm sorry you are having problems. Please remember that you are here for a reason. Your child thinks you are wonderful and loves you. Your sister doesn't know what she is talking about. Cafemom has some great resources. Check it out in the member resources at the bottom of the page. I hope things get better for you really soon. Keep your chin up and know that you are among friends here. You may pm me if you would like. Hugs.
    loflingirl

Answer by loflingirl at 5:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You should never let anyone get you down. they don't know what your feeling or going through but you should never say things like that. Life is to precious to waste and you have a very big reason to keep going YOUR SON. My kids and my hubby give me a reason everyday even when i was at my lowest peak of post pardum depression. if you ever need anyone to talk to you can write me and i will write back. i have been there and i know how your feeling but believe it or not things do get better. I have been out of a job now for over 2 years but i'm not going to let it get me down. Just keep your chin up and know there is always tomarrow!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2009