Crusting on nipples?

Im 32 weeks pregnant and have noticed (since early on in my pregnancy) that at times there's a slight white crusting in between the cracks (not caused by dryness) in the areolar region of my breasts. Some folks have told me its just milk droplets from the breasts which have probably crystallized.The same had happened with my first pregnancy and there's no pain or anything of the sort associated with it...during showers its jus falls off, has anyone experienced this? would really appreciate your answers..

Sunid

Asked by Sunid at 3:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's colostrom, your body is just preparing itself to breastfeed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• yep i do it too. Not a problem just one of those wierd things that happen to your body
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• That happened to me too! My midwife said it was colostrom. Nothing to worry about just weird.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009