DH is driving my nuts...

We are trying to find baby items that wont take up alot of space because we are trying for our second baby. I found a great crib on craigslist, it is a crib with a changingtable/dresser attached. It didnt take up much more room than a crib but have 5 dresser drawers and 3 storage spaces. We looked on walmart and they run about $400, but the lady on craigslist was selling hers for $200 (in exelent condition and she is in OUR TOWN!!!) but DH has this fear of buying "used" items...he says our kids need new. WTH??? How can I convice in that this is a good deal, and that the baby does need new every thing??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What is something he loves to do? Tell him with the 200 bucks saved from buying the crib off craigslist will leave him 200 for something he wants. My7 husband was the same way, I had to show him used items in great to excellent condition were great and how much money could be saved. He now looks on craigslist for things before heading to a store lol
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• tell him the other 200 can go towards something else for the baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I agree, bribe him with the left over money for something for himself that way everyone is happy.. you get the stuff you need, he doesn't feel left out or neglected etc.No child needs new when it comes to a crib. I could understand used stuffed animals or things that are hard to sanitize or used breast pumps etc.. but it's a piece of furniture. Get a new mattress and it's the same thing.Heck we even got a used mattress and got an extra plastic cover for it (it was already covered in plastic by manufacturer).

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 7:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I would have to agree NOT buying used on cribs, mattresses and car seats.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Maybe you could compromise with eachother, he lets you buy the crib and you agree to buying a new matress and changing pad.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 8:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Buy it while he's at work. bring it home, set it up and when he gets home tell him it was new.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2009