help! swollen gland on right side ( under jaw )

ok i woke up sunday to a swollen glan under my jaw, its now tuesday and it hurts so bad. i dont have a sore throte or a couch just a painful swollen gland it hurts to talk it hurts to swollow hurts to blow my nose all these things put pressure on the gland. i have a 3 year old and babysitting an 18 month old and im now in pain. any recomendations?

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 7:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Health

• You sure it's a lymp node? Sounds like a salivary gland. As far as pain take some advil and call the doctor. It's more then likely blocked and needs to be drained.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• blocked? ohh god from what! that sounds even more painful then how it is right now...):
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• warm compresses will probably help. I think I would call and speak with a doctor or nurse
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 12:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2009