would you be mad

so i had these decorative plates that belonged to my father that i wanted to hang in the kitchen. i asked my dh on friday to put nails in where i wanted to hang the plates. (yes i could do it but i am short and this was high up) i asked him again saturday and again sunday. still no nails. so this morning i tried to do it myself and of course both slipped off the nails and smashed on the floor. (i used the only ones i could find and yes apparently wrong ones) but i asked him three days in a row. how long does it take to pound nails in a wall? would you be mad? i am sitting here balling i dont know if its cause i am sooo mad at him for never doing what i ask or because my fathers plates are gone and that is all i had of his. what do you think? should i be hating my husband right now ? cause i am.

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 8:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I will help you beat the living Sh*T out of him,I am short too,and my husband does the same thing,it is always ,when I work out on break,one time I kept asking him to get something out of a high cabinet,he kept putting it off,so I climbed up there,and fell and about broke my neck.I'm sorry for you losing your plates,I would be upset about both.and I am sorry.Maybe someday you can find ones like them,I know it wont be the same,just a suggestion,
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Whatever makes you feel better Jodi! I'm sorry you lost those plates though!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 8:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• im sorry about your plates hun xo *hugs* i know how u feel i have been asking my dh to take me to get a nice runner rug for our kitchen, he knows how to messure me not to well, and all i heard was this weekend then it was this week then on thursday.. this weekend. and low and behold this weekend came it was sunday and he said... yup this week. i was made yelled and said write down what rug size i need ill do it myself u dont get a say. and i did. now i have my runner but it took 4 weeks. i would just say to dh thats for the help i tryed doing it myself and things went wrong. again hun im sorry about the plates and sorry most men are idiots.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I would be mad too but be mad that he did not do what you asked not that the plates are broken. Men don't understand when it comes to sentimental memories, and you just lost your dad so try not to be too hard on hubby. He may be lazy but he did not intentionally try and hurt you.

jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 8:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• No, I wouldn't hate him, but I would be very angry and really more hurt than anything. You didn't have to try and do it yourself. I can't say I blame you because I usually end up doing things myself too, but theres a reason you asked him. Because you couldn't do it. I think that you both should take blame for the situation. I would also make a plan for future to do lists and let him know that if you ask him to do something...theres a reason and he needs to respect that. If he says he will do it then he needs to do it. This is a problem in our home too.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• what your not getting momofsaee is that i always ask him to do certain shit and he never never does but let one of his friends or family call and need something he is right freakin there. no i didnt have to do it myself but if i wanted it done that is how it was going to be. so basically i guess this is all my fault i should have just forgot about wanting it done and moved on huh?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• sorry you lost your plates. I would be upset yes. But I know my husband's a procrastinator.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I would be... What was he doing that was more important??? Nothing im sure if he is anything like my hubby... Anyway.. girl im so sorry to hear about the plates... That so sucks.. An i wish i could just replace them for ya.. Pissd smooth off is were i would be by now mama... smooth off i tell ya.. im getting p0issd at my hubby right now just for this... LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I'm so sorry about your plates Jodi, but yeah I would be mad too, I have been asking my husband to put some nails up for me to hang up some pictures and the first time I asked was about a mobth after I moved in with him and that was 3 years ago lol I only have 1 above my fireplace now and I'm still waiting for the rest of them lol
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Sorry that you lost a remembrance of your dad. But remember the good times with pops.All hubbys are like that one time or another.Just think positive. Don't worry about the drama mamas on here. CM is just a diversion, an outlet from the real world.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2009