My 3 yr old is terrified to death of...

theh silliest things. LOL
she's never been afraid of the dark or monsters under the bed like kids usually are.
Nope!!! my girl has a serious Phobia of.... READI 4 this???
Suds, lol. yes Suds in her bath
strings... hangin fom clothes, towels, anything . it drives her mad
snow... idunno what it is but she just is not feeling the whole snow thing
also sand... why??? no clu but this girl cant stand it and she goes crazy.
i have to laugh at her. (funny how they all begin with "s")
do any of u moms have lil1's who just crack u up with their fears???
or is it just me ;)

StarrCooKie

Asked by StarrCooKie at 9:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• haha, that is funny. When I was little I was terrified of hair! If there was a hair floating in the bathtub (even my OWN hair) I would SCREAM bloody murder for my mom to get it out! hahaa
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• In all seriousness she COULD have some sensory issues. My older son was FREAKED out with stickers, suds, and sand and grass (when barefoot) when he was 2-3 years old--he is also on the autism spectrum.

He has LONG since gotten over these sensory issues (they no longer exist), and we worked through it via small doses of exposure, and letting him discover and explore their "foreign" things on his terms. We never laughed AT him, or downplayed their seriousness. If it was upsetting to him, it was upsetting to us.

Now, if your daughter is more of a "drama queen" about these things, that's a different story, otherwise, I would have her see a developmental pediatrician to rule out the possibility of a Sensory Integration Disorder (which is not a made up diagnosis).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My daughter is scared to death of her own boogers...lol
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• wow KTMOM... yea, she doesnt care much for loose hair either.
    ANON: she is def not faking it, she's been this way since very very young.
    but as far as her possibly being Autistic (hope i spelled it correctly) i very much doubt it.
    she is very social, dont kno if thats enough to say no. but her doctor stresses the fact that
    she is far ahead of herself for some1 her age. but i do understand your reason for the advice and i thank you for sharing. Hope everything works out for the best with u n ur lil1.
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 9:30 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My son will freak out if he gets his face wet in the bathtub or at the swimming pool....yeah, it's way fun trying to wash his hair or take swimming lessons. He's 4 1/2 and hates having strings hang from his clothes too.
    I teach and there is a child in my school with sensory integration disorder. He has a pretty severe case of it. Some of the things that he does/did: chewed holes in his clothes, particularily socks while wearing them, ate his pencils (eraser and all), couldn't handle tags in his clothes, certain textures of clothes bothered him badly, didn't like the feel of numerous things...I had never heard of this disorder until about 5 years ago. It did take the dr's a while to diagnose him. He is on meds to help him cope, among other issues he was born with (he was a drug baby).
    Anyway...I always keep an open mind to my son whenever he displays a new fear as that particular disorder is always in the back of my mind.
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 9:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I also forgot to mention my son hates his shirt tags too. Wehave to fix them just right or he will flip out!
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 9:47 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My kid hates lizards. Will cry, throw himself on the ground and freak out if he sees one.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2009