Summer crawling

So now that it is nice outside were I live my 1 year old daughter (1 today!!), and I go outside to play. The only thing is even though she has pants on it seems like her knees get all marked up because she is crawling still. I try to keep her on the grass, but she seems drawn to the cement. I think I should get her knee pads b/c I don't want her knees getting all marked up and ouchy. But my bf thinks that shes a kid and thats just going to happen... what do you think.... knee pads or no knee pads?

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• DD did the same thing... she had scraped up knees and scraped up toes... kids will be kids... it isn't a big deal. Just make sure you clean her up and put bandaids on her if they get really rough
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• No knee pads, the red marks look worse than they are, if it really hurt she would let you know.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It's like building calouses on your fingers when you ply guitar. It hurts at first but once those callouses are good and tough it won't hurt anymore. Think of it like toughening up her knees.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Happy Birthday to your LO! She'll be just fine. You could try doing come tougher material pants like jeans or corduroy until it gets too hot. My guess is she'll be walking before it gets to that point anyway.

Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• all part of being a kid! Happy birthday lil one.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• If she is one now by time summer goes into full swing she will be walking. The knee pads might just be a waist of money because she will prob only use them for a month or two. Also if it is uncomfortable for her to crawl on the grass/cement she might be encouraged to walk faster.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• happy birthday to your baby!! i wouldnt put knee pads on..its all part of being a kid and growing up..if shes not complainin about it, then leave it be..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2009