What is the best advice anyone has ever given to you?

I worked in a mental health facility for years with a pastor. I'm not religious, but she and I had a great relationship and she gave amazing advice that stuck with me:

"You can't make decisions for other people, you can only be there for them" (it happened to be when my sister was being abused and I wanted her to leave her husband but it applies to a lot of places)

and

"Forgiveness is mostly for you" Because I hold grudges with the best of em and forgiving would let me let go of that anger.

My dad's favorite is "save as much of your money as you can"...and who can argue with that...lol

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "Forgive and let go, but don't forget or you will repeat the same mistake." Given to me by my SO. Because I can also hold grudges with the best of them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:33 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Pay your bills on time,,to keep good credit...You'll need that good credit in the future.

Answer by louise2 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My mom always used to say, "Don't anticipate, just participate". I hated it, but now it comes back to me when I start to think if I go and this happens then Im going to....or you anytime you start with a neg attitude before you begin something I hear her voice in my head. LOL
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• a priest when we were young told us, "feeling are neither right or wrong, they are just your own" Great to think of when you think..I shouldn't be feeling mad, sad, hurt... sometimes you just have to feel it then get on with it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• "Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we seek it."
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• People will judge you all of your life, and even after your life is over, ignore them.
    Words of wisdom from my mommy.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2009