what do you do for tweens who talk back ?

my daughter layla is 11 and is talking back to me and my husband she hass been previously been grounded for telling me NO she is not getting spanked anymore but wondering if i should use it for her smart mouth ...... what to you think ......

help needed ..................
thanks

mom2b23869

Asked by mom2b23869 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh heck yeah. Two things in my home that are cardinal offenses...disrespect and blatant disobedience. My almost 11 yr old can get mouthy with us as well. We first calm her down and let her know that her mouth will not be tolerated, then we ask what the problem is. She needs to express herself and make her thoughts known in a respectful way. If she gets out of control again or continuously, then we have no problem getting out the paddle. It stops the disrespect. THe reason I am so harsh on that particular offense is because its the root of every other bad behavior. If a child does not respect your authority, then they will not only mouth off to you, but have no regard for your rules either. It leads to many bad things, and I feel that if its nipped when it starts, (usually about age 3) then its easier to tame. It still going to be an issue, just because thats what kids do, but don't take it lightly. Let her know NOW its not ok!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• spank or smack her mouth
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• its all becuase of public schools lol
    Anonymous