What comes to mind when you think of a housewife? is it different then when you think of the term sahm or homemaker?

I am doing research for a thesis and i would like to know everyones first reaction to each of these titles. whether they are good/bad, what kind of women you envision, etc.

picot08

Asked by picot08 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• a woman married to a house?
    mama.love.

Answer by mama.love. at 9:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Housewife sounds a little more cushy to me. Like a housewife doesn't neccessarily have kids so therefore a lot less work.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Different word for saying the same thing. Housewife,and homemaker are old ways of saying SAHM

Answer by louise2 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Housewife brings to mind no kids, homemaker brings to mind someone who may or may not have kids but is really into Martha Stuaurt crap, SAHM reminds me of someone running around after kids and the house is clean but not perfect.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• "Domestic Diva" or "Domestic Goddess" Someone once called be a "Domesticated Engineer". Too funny. Who cares. I'm home and like it.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 11:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2009