My four month old son has a red rash around his neck I have called the pediatrician and have been using lorimin since he told me to but it seems redder and worse he has no visible neck has anyone had a similar problem and what worked for you?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We used hydrocortisone cream (Cortisone 10) and it worked wonders, but I guess it will depend on what's causing the rash. My DD's was due to excessive drool. Any idea what's causing the rash on your son?
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• The rash could be from drool, milk dripping down there, etc. Make sure you clean it well, gently, at bath time. Use a bib to feed or even if he/she is a big drooler. Some diaper rash creams are for rashes and raw skin so read them too.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I went through this with my daughter, and used Caldasene powder. Check your pharmacy for it, it's in a pink bottle. After putting it on 2-3 times it should clear up. All my kids had no neck. I think this is caused from chaffing or something like that. Oh, and lift and dry neck area after baths.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Is it under his neck? WIth my son he got a rash from his drool. We just tried to keep it clean, put on bibs and changed them often so his neck stayed dry. And made sure he had a very good cleaning at night before bed.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I believe that it could be just from not cleaning well under the chin. My daughter got the samething, and she got a rash bc the milk would get in there and drool. Just make sure you wipe well under and keep it clean. The medication your doctor gave was probably an allergic reaction...
    MamaStrawBerry1

Answer by MamaStrawBerry1 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009