Would this make you mad?

We live in an APT. and we hate it. They guy upstiars is SINGLE and is the loudest person alive. He always plays his music really loud and sounds like he moves furniture all the time. Anyway, so last night on a monday night he decided to have some people over who have kids and they ran all through the house.they were laughing like someone was peeing there pants, and dont let me forget it was pass 9pm i know its not that late but when you work at 6am and you have a 3 year old your trying to get to sleep then 9 is late. Well i tried to lay me DD down for bed and she said she was scared of the noise.. she thought it was BEAR or a MONSTER coming to get her.. I tried telling her it wasnt anything but the people up stiars. So guess who ended up sleeping with me and my hubby? She did because she was way to scared to be in her room. I lost my mind. We have complained alot and nothing seems to happen.. Would this make you mad?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 10:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A friend told me that legally one is not to cause disruption (noise) between the hours of 10pm - 10am check with your local police precinct. Sorry to hear about the idiot upstairs
    LolaMateos

Answer by LolaMateos at 10:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• We have also asked him to please keep it quiet and he says OK but then minutes later its back to the way it was... ugh
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• If you've asked him nicely on several occaions, I would complain to the landlord. I'd be pissed though. I would probably take a broom and knock on his floor at 5am. But.. I'm not telling you to actually do that lol. Even though it would probably be funny.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Its just apartment life. She will get used to the noise. Our upstairs neighbor used to jump off his tall chest of drawers and he sounded like he was coming through the roof. I would laugh and she would say Andre or Thunder? It just became normal (she was 2). Just laugh and talk about how loud they are and make the best of it if you have to stay in a apartment.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I throw things at the roof all the time.. .I have talked to the landlords and they talk to him and its quiet for about a week and then all of a sudden its back to normal..LOUD... we want to get out of our lease so bad.... ugh.....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Well its been 6 monhts of this and she isnt used to it.. She is DEADLY scared of it.. Its not something to laugh about because its not funny.. its rude... HE IS A SINGLE FING MAN>..... HE shouldnt be making that much noise
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• YES..That is the reason why we rent houses. Because of that problem right there..It cost a little more to rent a house.. But you get peace and quiet. and a yard. My advice move. Last time we lived in a apartment ,my up stairs neighbor was noisy too...I would be noise when they were not..Like really early in the morning..I would go around slamming doors. I would bring the vacuum into the bedroom and turn it on and just leave it running for a 5 min..Or turn the TV up really loud in the bedroom.and leave it on .

Answer by louise2 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It looks like if the landlord wont help you, youre gonna have to call the police. Find your lease - it should say somewhere in there about noise complaints or after hours noise. I lived in an apartment for three years, but luckily I lived upstairs. Good luck!
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• that would make me furious!! I get pissed of just the at the fact my neighbor leaves his dog out to bark all day. but your situation seems worse. sorry! But there should be something you should be able to do like call the police, I think it's illegal or against conduct after 10.pm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2009