Where did you get your children's names from?

I actually never really liked the name Olivia until I became addicted to Law&Order SVU..lol...now I have a daughter named Olivia..

lalasmom8

Asked by lalasmom8 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm, I never gave the name Zachary a thought when I was really young and picking out names for my kids when I got older lol. Then one time hub and I were at a club and Zak Wylde was there, guitarist for Ozzy, and he was up on stage jamming with the band and he turned around and he had the nicest ASS in levis. I thought to myself "Zaky Wylde has a nice ASS...Hmmm...Zak, Zachary, what a nice name" and that is my son lol. My girlfriends came up with Mackenna for my daughter
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My daughter's name is from the show that used to be on tv called Reba. Her name is Kyra but I spell it Kiera.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Danielle my oldest daughter's first name is the name of the woman her father was cheating on me with. and her middle name Paige I liked.
    Ian George my husband said no to John well Ian is Scottish for John and George is a family name on both sides.
    Riley Michelle we both liked Riley and Michelle after moi.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• theres a road in our town.. Mason Rd. Hubby loved the name because we knew NO ONE by that name.
    mama.love.

Answer by mama.love. at 10:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My oldest daughter's name, Schylar, came from that old Soap Opera that used to be on called Santa Barbara. 16 years ago there were no Skylars like there are now and I also gave it a unique spelling.

My middle daughter's name, Avalon, came from the legend of King Arthur which I've always loved.

My son's name, Owen, also came from King Arthur, although it was spelled Owain back then.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I used to watch young and the restless as a teenager and liked the name Ashley, but I spelled my daughters name ASHLEA because my moms middle name is Lea ( sounds the same as lee) and then she has my middle name, Dawn. My son is Jace Gideon. I liked the name chase but my hubby didnt. Hubby is Joel so he said how about removing the Ch and putting a J...... I thought is was cool. Gideon was just a name liked since I was little. We liked it because his initials would be JG like Jerry Garcia........
    Fractal_mama

Answer by Fractal_mama at 10:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My MIL found DS's name on a website.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:29 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• We found Joseph (Joey) and Daniel (Danny) in the 30,000 baby name book. Of course, we both heard of those names but we were looking at all the boy names to see what we liked the best.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 11:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Cassandra comes from Greek mythology and Mallory came from the show Family Ties.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:54 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Edward is named after men in our family. first name is after my gpa 1st middle name is after his daddy 2nd middle is after daddys gpa
    Lilliana we just loved the name Lilli but it was getting too popular. We saw Lilliana in a baby book and fell in love. Now everyone has a lilliana it seems like :(
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 6:27 AM on Mar. 18, 2009