DH is forever bringing things into the house. He tries to hide them and sort of sneak them in. The things he brings in are thigs that we may or may never use!

He has asked me to try to keep the house cleaner, how am I to do this with him cluttering things up all the time! I mean we don't have a bird so why do we need a bird cage? We don't even want to have a bird, ever! I don't care if things are a great deal or even free! They do cost us space and then time and energy to get rid of it once he fianlly admits that we don't need the things.
Has DH ever done this stuff (mine has always, his parent's said he did it when he was at home with them too) and how did you resolve the issue? I've talked with him and he'll admit it's not necessairy but more is coming in then going out!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• When he brings something in, if it is in good condition, list it for sale. Or have a big yard sale with all the items you don't use!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:54 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Move it to the curb... if your dh wants the house kept cleaner, then what you don't need or use goes to the curb...
     As to how to get him to stop I don't have a solution for you, but keep taking it to the curb ...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I would sell it.. Go through what he brings home once a week, what you don't need and/or want.. sell it.. he will either get the hint.. or be happy about all the money coming in.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2009