Sen. Grassley, AIG execs apologize or suicide...too much?

Is this crossing the line? some are upset at the sarcastic manner with which Dick Cheyney was addressed by the WH press secretary...anyone else find it crossing the line to suggest SUICIDE to AIG execs?
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20083.html

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe a bad choice of words coming from a senator, but he only said what some people were thinking these people should do with themselves. I would rather see them poverty stricken myself to see how the other half lives. Greedy bastards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I heard that this morning on GMA. The Suicide part was a little much,,I think..But the rest was bang on.

Answer by louise2 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I understand harsh words to them, but SUICIDE..That's crossing the line...to me anyway
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes, it was too much.

Suicide is a very serious thing, and for him to offer it as a suggestion is insane.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• well I don't think they should commit suicide, they should be punished and made to serve time in jail, and loose their assets.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Look at who they are, they'd probably prefer option 2.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I agree, "suicide" is crossing the line. It shows a total lack of character and zero class.

Personally, I think it is hilarious that they are griping so much about it. What did they expect when they started giving away money? It seems to me they aren't much smarter than the "unscrupulous" lenders they have also griped about.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• ...........................no, not too much, just enough.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• so Christian of him.
    Anonymous

• They didn't just give money away they gave money away without any preconditions and are now adding them retroactively even though the bill states that contractual bonuses from before Feb 09 are exempt.

Congress is using this as a red herring to distract the people from their porkulous bill which is very unpopular and mess they are making of our economy and our economic future.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 9:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2009