what can u do about cradle cap???

my friends baby is just 4mon old

StarrCooKie

Asked by StarrCooKie at 10:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• After bathing baby and washing hair, comb top of head with a fine tooth baby comb till it comes loose. Do his after ever bath, it should get better.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i would but lotion on her head and then take a fine tooth comb and comb out the flaking part of it i did this twice a day and soon it was gone. whatever she does tell her not to pick at it use something that will soften it up and comb it out.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My daughter had cradle cap really bad I put baby oil on her head to loosen it up and then used a fine tooth comb or they got the shampoo for cradle cap. I tried that and that seemed to work too. I just couldn't afford to keep buying it.
    hannahsmommy80

Answer by hannahsmommy80 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I used lotion a couple times a day with a fine tooth comb and in 2days it was gone.
    proudmom89

Answer by proudmom89 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My daughter had the worst case of it! I put baby oil on it during her bath, massaged it in and let it sit for a bit, and then used a soft toothbrush and scrubbed it pretty hard (she never minded) then shampooed with J&J baby wash. It worked really well. There's a prescription you can get for a kind of dandruff shampoo, but my pedi said this would work just as well and it did for us. I did have to do it every 2 or 3 days.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Baby oil and a comb or a clean, soft toothbrush.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 10:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My son is four months old and has really bad craddle cap. Our Dr told us to us Mineral Oil then wash it out with Selsun Blue. It works well. We use the Selsun Blue twice a week. After his bath we put that leave-in conditioner from Johnson and Johnson in his hair and brush his hair.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 10:54 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• What can you do about spelling out the word "YOU" instead of typing "U" ? I can't understand why there are so many "Moms" here who type like they are 14 years old. Just express yourself as if you are grown up. I hope you are anyway if you have kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Oh please...
    I got my point across, didn't I???
    "You" need to find better things to do with your time than worry about how I express myself.
    How did I do? Was that Grown Up enough for "YOU" to understand?

I just love the Moms who talk SH*t before offering advice or answering the question.
    Without YOU guys, I guess we just wouldnt have cafeMOM would we?
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 11:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• they have a thing at wal mart called cradle cap GO BUY IT
    Anonymous