Desperate or Smart politics?

The National Republican Congressional Committee is sending out video "trackers" to ask provocative questions of Democratic members of Congress. The trackers, who are congressional committee staffers, were earlier reported by Congress Daily, a specialty publication distributed largely on Capitol Hill.

NRCC spokesman Paul Lindsay told McClatchy that Democratic complaints were "whining," adding that "The modern-day world of campaign politics demands that we track our opponents' steps and missteps. We have nothing to hide when it comes to asking tough questions, but it appears that Democrats do when it comes to answering them."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/64086.html

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Gotcha journalism, I guess I do not have a problem with it as long as the person knows he is being taped or videotaped. No surprises there.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• helping with a bit of that transparency!!!  I don't mind it and wouldn't mind it being done to BOTH sides of the fence.

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• LOL...so it's Ok as long as it's NOT being done to Palin, Im pretty sure she knew Couric was taping her too! LOL
    I think it's hilarious...I'm waiting for a politicians gone wild video!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I never complained about what happened to Palin. That was her own fault, and McCains for not preparing her better.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I agree Akin regarding Palin's interviews with Katie Couric.

Couric is a sneaky little journalist. Palin HAD to have known that Couric and her producers would EDIT the interviews to paint Palin in a bad light.  The MSM is very liberal and continually turn a clind eye in support of Democrats.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It will remain to see how it's done. I am definitely for doing it, but I would think better and more accurate results would arise from a non-biased reporter that goes after both sides.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• hah- transparency. . .

If they know they are being recorded. . . who cares?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• more accurate results would arise from a non-biased reporter that goes after both sides

Nobody said the DNC can't do it to (and probably are). No matter who is asking the questions, the answers should be the same if they're not lying.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think the reporters objectivity is quite important as far as getting accurate answers.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009