Food Stamp Card HELP

I am suppose to have my food stamps no later than the 19th of this month, it will be the first time of having them. Every time I try to register my card, it says it is an incorrect number, and to re-enter, and then I have tried to call the 1-888 # and it says the same thing, and will not let me talk to a live person. Of course I have also tried to contact my local office, but with no replies yet. Is this normal if it is new, or do you think I have a bad card?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you should hit the option to report it lost or stolen than you can get a live person and explain to them

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I had that problem with mine. I think, for ours at least, if you keep pressing the 0 key or the * key or one that isn't used for a menu option, it will put you thru to a live person. Or just don't push anything at all, like you have an old-fashioned rotary phone and maybe it will put you thru.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• You may not be able to register the card until the 19th. I would go to the office and talk to someone there. That is what I did, the receptionist helped me register the card right at the desk and it took all of a minute. You can also try pressing 0 until you get someone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i would try and talk to a live person they might not have activated the card on there system yet and that is why you can not register it.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I would not wait for a response as the welfare system is overwhelmed these days and you may die of hunger before they get back to you. I would just go down there card in hand and tell them you are not leaving until you have a working card.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2009