Age for teething biscuits?

At our 6 month appt our pedi suggested we could start giving our daughter teething biscuits (the ones that are too hard to break apart) fairly soon... but I saw a box of them made by EarthsBest with a warning saying they're for 9 months and up. Any idea why? Is it too soon? She loves chewing on anything and everything and I thought it could be a good thing to give her while the rest of us are at the table eating because she's often fussy then...

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 11:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she will be fine, the disolve so she wont get any chunks of it in her mouth, but they are mesy, have fun!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I gave them to my 1st 2 kids at 6 months but the twins were a little behind since they were early so I didnt give it to them until almost 8 months and they loved them. They keep them busy while I cook.
    MomOfFour24

Answer by MomOfFour24 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my daughter started them at 6 months (she had 4 teeth) and loved them!! they dissolve easily and they make SUCH a mess. definetly put a bib on her!!
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 11:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I started my LO on them around 6 months. She did good with them, defiantly a mess though!
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 11:30 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I never used them - they are a messy, messy MESS.
    The risk is that as she gnaws on it, it will get soft and gooey (that's the messy part) and she could easily break off a chunck that is big enough to choke her.
    Just don't let her eat one without you being near by. That applies to anything she eats for the next 2 years.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My daughter has been having them for a couple months now and she does great. she usually needs a bath afterward though.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2009