Tuna and pregnant.

I started having this craving about Subway tuna on wheat bread. I know it's kinda bland but it works good and with the nausea, bland is better. I am a little worried because I am starting to crave this sandwhich again today. I google things and see that I shouldn't consume too much in one week. Has anyone eaten tuna several times a week. I just don't want to cause any more problems then I already have!

Prican91181

Asked by Prican91181 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I asked my dr about this at the begining of my pregnancy, and he said that twice a week was ok. But to try to mix up the different kinds of seafood. Salmon one day, tuna another etc.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 11:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i eat fish twice to three times a week. its ok as long as you dont go over 2-3 days!!!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 11:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I always ate it alot, when I did crave it it was for several days and I never thought twice abou tit, and my kids are fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• when i was pregnant with my oldest i saw an ad on t.v. about tuna and seriously had to run to the bathroom. i love tuna but it made me nauseaous when i was preggo
    emexmom

Answer by emexmom at 12:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• There are a couple of things to look at:

#1-Ask subway if the tuna they use is Chunk Light because that kind of tuna is safe to have 2 times a week. Albacore Tuna is not safe.

#2-At what point of your pregnancy are you? If you are in the first trimester I would definately stick with the 2 times a week because that's when nural tube defects can happen and mercury aids in nural tube defects.
    Anonymous