If you wanted someone to leave your group...

Would you ask them to leave? Or would you all just stop talking with them and hope they get the hint?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Groups are supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun in the group why don't you just leave on your own and find one that you are more comfortable in?
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• If they are nothing more than annoying then I would just ignore them and hope they left. But if they are being obnoxious and causing unwanted drama then I would talk to the GO and see if they would ban them from the group.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It would depend on whether or not your are the group owner. If you're not, then the only thing you can do is take your suggestion to the owner, which she will likely only consider if the other member is actually violating the group guidelines (as opposed to you simply disliking her). If you ARE the group owner, I suppose you have the right to remove someone from the group, but if she is not egregiously violating your guidelines, then sending her a note of explanation would probably be a really nice thing to do beforehand. It's hard to say exactly what the right thing to do is without knowing more details of the situation.
    Just a note: I don't know what this person has done, but there are people in a few of my groups that I don't necessarily like, and it's easy enough to just not interact with those particular people.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It is a group I belong to. I feel like no one is talking with me anymore. I wonder if I am just being paranoid or I should take the hint and leave. I haven't done anything to offend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• try to be involved. if noone responds, then yes i'd say go find another group that is more welcoming.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I didn't know you were referring to yourself! I agree with the others though--if you aren't comfortable, try joining other groups to see if they are a better fit. Not every group is going to feel like "home" and I've had that happen to me too. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009