Has your child ever had a reaction to Luv's diapers?

I just wondered if there are any other babies/kids who have had a reaction to Luv's diapers. My son has only used them twice. He developed the most horrendous diaper rash that had him screaming in pain. The only time he got a rash this bad was the two times we used Luv's. Anyone else?

SunshineandBlue

Asked by SunshineandBlue at 11:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Not my boys, but my niece did. She went through 5 different brands before they found one that didn't make her break out. (don't remember which one it was, though)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• no, but they leaked thru. i would not use them again.
    2cuddlebabies

Answer by 2cuddlebabies at 11:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My son and my cousins babies were allergic to Luvs. It must run in the family. I tried huggies and he leaked thru them all the time. I switched to Pampers and they worked like a charm.
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My youngest was allergic to some brand, can't remember which but I could only attribute it to the fact that it had a blue lining where baby sits - switching to a brand that had no dye there eliminated the rash from the diaper itself. That was some time ago, don't know if all diaps have dyed linings now or not. Good luck!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• my son wa allergic to all diapers except huggies and they worked and now that hes almost 2 he can use any brand of diapers...my daughter can to and she 4months
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yup, all my kids are allergic to LUV's diapers. It causes their butts to be red and swollen. The only diapers they can wear were/are white cloud.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Nope, for my dd huggies gave her a mild rash. Luvs keep leaking on us, so I only uses a few a moved back to pampers. All kids are different.
    Anonymous

• I loved Luvs, never had a problem with them at all, but I've heard of children who did.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 1:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My oldest son broke out in a horrible diaper rash when we used Luvs. (Sucks because i like them) He actually broke out to almost every diaper but Huggies or Pampers. My new baby is still in newborn size. I haven't seen Luvs in newborn size, but I am going to try them on him when he goes to ones. I actually got a sample from them.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 1:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• YES! It's nice knowing We aren't the only ones. It was so weird, and horrible! Our poor kiddos..stupid Luvs. I think whatev that smell is in those diapers caused it..I durno what else it could have been! My Son has only gotten 2 diaper rashes - plus the Luvs rash - in His almost 22 months so it's obviously not me.
    irishstarz

Answer by irishstarz at 1:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009