• In the Spotlight:

braxton hicks?

Ok so I know all the normal pregnancy stuff and what is supposed to be a braxton hicks and whats not, what I am asking is did your braxton hicks ever get painful? I am only 25 weeks along, and I am getting them and they are painful. Like I have to stop and sit painful. About every 10 minutes for most of the morning. I already freaked and called my Dr, but he is in surgery today, and my only option is to go the L&D at the hospital for him to see me if I am really worried. Anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes I got some very painful ones with my second pregnancy and they started around 5 months. By the end I would buckle over and even went to L&D twice thinking I was in labor...boy did I feel dumb. I mean there were times they lasted pretty consistently for 6-8 hours....but they never opended my cervix.

There are some things though to make sure of that can contribute to BH"s. First make sure you are hydrated, second make sure you are not doing too much and third it seems UTI"S affect them...just from hearing women talk...not sure about facts....

I kept getting dehydrated last pregnancy and also had a very bad UTI that I was unaware of until I wiped blood and that really seem to flair up the BH"s.

Anonymous

• they hurt me bad i thought i was in labor at one point
    Anonymous

• my braxton hicks hurt pretty bad sometimes. if i was standing up id either lean forward or i would have to sit down.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2009