How to Forgive the One I use to love that hurt me so BAD?

I moved here from the STL 9 years ago. i meet this man who was in church who father is a bishop and i was strictly from the streets. We hooked up in Aug of 2000 dated for a couple of years. i got pregnant and his parents forced us to be married bc i was pregnant. Well while married and pregnant this was not working out but dum me got pregnant again. this time while married and pregnant he cheated on me with his ex, but dum me i tried to live a christan life and save my marriage but things just didnt work (im not a saint by far this time i tried to be) after i had my last baby i lft on the note that we were to give space and try to work things out. well in the process he filed for divorce and served me at chrurch with the papaers. (Right thru the heart) he is still with her:(and it hurts. i have hurt, anger, bitterness, and its killing to forgive him. How can i forgive him? i know im suppose to but its hard. WHAT DO I DO

sasa314

Asked by sasa314 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• thank you ladies for all your advice
    sasa314

Answer by sasa314 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• people may say that its best to forgive and forget but he went against the vows of marriage. yes you were married for the wrong reasons, but married nonetheless. i wouldnt rush trying to make sense of it or trying to forgive him. take time and realize what he did to you and your children. i dont think things like this simply get better. enjoy being you. do things you like to do. maybe tell him how it made you feel. no it wont make it all better but it might give you a sense of closure; just for him to know.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Honestly, I would have left him the first time he cheated on me. The bible says there is only one reason that divorce is ok and that is infidelity. It will take you a long time to be able to forgive him. And you should for your own peace of mind, but forget? Never.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Pray, Pray, Pray. Talk to your Pastor's wife about it. They are there for that kind of reason.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2009