Getting my toddler to sleep in her own bed?

My daughter is 21months and has slept in our bed off and on since birth. I know I made this mistake from the start letting her sleep in our bed. I try and try to get her to sleep in her bed but she just cries and cries and cries and refuses to go to bed. I can lay her in our bed by herself shut the door and shell go right to sleep. I dont really know how to go about getting her to sleep in her bed without just letting her cry for a long time.. I try letting her fall asleep then putting her in her bed, which sometimes works, sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night. How should I got about doing this?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is old enough let her cry it out.. thats what i did with my boy and he fine.. He sleeps from 6:30pm to 6:30 am with no worres.. it did take about a week of cryn.. but hes fine.. she will have to learn.. this to shall pass mama..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Make her room enticing. New teddy bear or stars on the ceiling, something. And like pp said, let her cry. She will get over it within a few days and you both will be fine!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• We are having a really hard time getting our 27 month old to sleep in his own bed. Last night, my husband told me to just let him cry it out and that he was fine. We even put his toddler bed right next to ours and I held his hand, but he kept crying and crying THEN started telling me that their were monsters in our room!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea where he heard that. So after my husband fell asleep he said "move over mommy" and he slept in our bed all night again. I am having a horrible time. I cant stand it when he cries. I feel like a bad mom! Ahhh so i need some help with this problem also!
    Anonymous

• i wish i would have a answer my do the same thing and is driving me crazy

evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I would let him cry it out i did with my little boy he is 22months and has been in his big boy bed for about 4 months now and he loves it.
    littleboys2008

Answer by littleboys2008 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have the same problem, except my kid can cry for hours and there are other people who live in my house and have to work early, I can get him to sleep sometimes but he wakes up and crys till I get him then falls back asleep
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My 6yrs old daughter can slep on her own. my son still sleeps with me and didn't want to go to sleep and cried himself to sleep. I think I will try letting him cry it out... this weekend. Because my husband and I want to sleep ALONE!
    mrsbojo

Answer by mrsbojo at 12:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009