If you live in Washington state.....

Have you ever donated anything to The Arc of Washington? I just heard about this, and it seems like a great way to get rid of items you no longer need and give to people who are in need. I'll be doing spring cleaning in a couple weeks and would like to donate some items to the Arc. Does anyone know if they only take specific things, or anything? Thanks!

http://www.arcwa.org/donations.htm

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have not. I usually donate to the Good Will, Salvation Army, Snohomish County Domestic Violence Services, or St. Vincent dePaul. For the most part, the charities will take most anything that is resellable. The standard televisions are NOT resellable-- learned that the hard way! Mattresses and sofas or other upholstered furniture should not have stains. Electronics must be in working order, and furniture should be in good, not about-to-fall-apart condition. The charities generate their money by selling their donations in the thrift stores, so anything you donate should be something someone else may want to buy.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2009