Do you ever...

Do you ever read a post that you really REALLY want to answer, but bite your tongue because you are afraid someone will either A) take it the wrong way or B) bash you for stating how you feel?

I find myself being a lurker. I read a lot of the questions/posts here and always have a reply, but after I am done typing it I just close the window thinking I will just get bashed or hurt someones feelings....what do you all think?

tandknix

Asked by tandknix at 12:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I have found myself even typing my whole statement in and then not sending it... not bc of bashing I get that a bit around here and it don't bother me... but bc of the question itself... it can be insulting sounding, or rude sounding to another either group of people or whatever and that is what bugs me...I don't believe in using the Anon button, If I am going to say it you will know it's me saying it...
     So I lurk as the OP stated and answer some questions...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yes. I write something in the little box all the time, then i think twice and Im like, Ok they are def not going to understand where im coming from or they are going to think im a bad person. So i delete and move on lol
    Anonymous

• I usually don't worry about it if someone ask a q and really wants an honest opinion then they shouldn't be offended they asked for your opinion so let them know. I don't go and intentionally try to bash or hurt anyones feelings though...
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Im a big.. Read the question and write down whatever comes to mind.. I dont worry about hurting there feeing or going ANONS... You askd the question your going to get all kinds of answers weather you want them or not... So i just go as myself and answer what come to mind.. Good or Bad.. Your getting what i would tell anyone.. No sugar coats from this neck of the woods..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• A lot of what this site is is opinions. No matter how nice you are, someone will always disagree and have a issue. Give your point of view and who cares who takes it the wrong way. I am sure there is someone out there that feels the same as you and might be looking for just that advice.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Yeah, I can see everyones point. I just don't believe in throwing out my opinion as ANON and so I try to consider if I will end up harassed for my thoughts!
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 12:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• yes i do, but then i remember thats what the anon box is for! rather get it out than keep it in...
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 12:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!!"

this is my new favorite quote!! i'm with "marchmarie" if you are worried about it...just click the anonymous box!!
    soccermama08

Answer by soccermama08 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009