Is this considered a disability?

Is Apsergers a disability? Or is it a difference? Just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's considered "special need" more than disability. Good question. I would like to see if anyone knows for sure.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 12:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• im not sure but my cousin who is the middle child of triplets has it and i dont think it should be considerd a dissablitly since she functions much like the rest of us.. i mean is bi-polar disorder condsidered a dissability..or having depression or anyother mild emotional disorder..its like calling ADHD a dissability...
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• It is handled under the section 504 of the American with Disabilites Act. It is considered a condition which effects the aquistion of life skills ie education and learning. A 504 plan is written to enable teachers to manage the special needs of the children with the condition.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009