What do to?

I was with this guy for 9 mos and he even helped me with my daughter and loved her like she was his own but we broke up about a month ago and her dads in her life now and she calls my ex dad. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• it will take time for her. dont force it
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• How old is she? Allowing a child to call another man dad is confusing to the child. You didn't say you married the man so he wasn't her step dad, he didn't adopt her. That's just harmful to her and hurtful to the bio dad. Sorry if that sounds mean but now you have to back up and regroup and help her understand who is who. Please be careful with that if bio dad leaves and another man comes into your life.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009