going Green... Cloth Tote Shopping Bags...

I know we all have seen them, the cloth tote bags for shopping...
Do you use them?

I do ... to cut back we now only have 1 car and our grocery store is a block away so instead of plastic bags I use a really nice big one and it holds a lot and is so much easier to handle..infact I take it with us all the time just in case... I am looking into getting a few more soon...

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 12:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I've been using them since before they were cool....and to answer anonymous' question about chicken... It's called a washing machine...they're cloth remember??
    AuntyL

Answer by AuntyL at 4:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I use them . They are so much better than the plastic or paper bags. you dont have to worry about them breaking .
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• What do you do when you buy something like chicken???
    Anonymous

• No I don't but I have been thinking about buying a few the next time I go shopping. I had some spaghetti sauce in a plastic bag that ripped inside my garage shattering the jar of sauce.
    missmary1963

Answer by missmary1963 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have been using them for about 2 years now and LOVE them. Not only do plastic bags stink for the environment, but they stink for toting groceries too! I can load 1 cloth bags with what I could fit in 3 plastic bags. To answer Anon 12:46, I use 1 plastic bag per trip for any meat, the rest goes in the reusable bags. I have about 12 of them.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• With all meat products the store actually offers to put them into a plastic bag and then in your bag... our store actually fills our bags for us if we like...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• all meat departments have plastic bags on a roll typically above the meat case, to put your meat in.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have been using my canvas grocery bags for 19 years and they're as sturdy now as the day I bought them.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2009