Dirty,stained and nasty bad!

My sil gave me a bag of clothes, some for baby , daughter and a couple of shirts for me. These clothes are so dirty and nasty you can smell them at least ten feet away.'m not kidding,my husband could smell them from across the room sitting on the couch approx 10 ft from me) They are badly stained too. I wouldnt give these to a homeless person or thriftstore bad. she would never accept anybody giving her stuff like that(she might of done it on purpose) Should I say something to her about them ?

hypersquirrel

Asked by hypersquirrel at 12:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I would. That's gross, but it depends on what kind of relationship you have with her and if she is going to start drama and if you are up to it or not. Use your best judgement, but like I said, I would.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Just tell her you went through the stuff and none of it worked for you. I have the same problem with my SIL, she gives me stuff she should of threw out! I never use it, or go through it because I know what to expect. I just throw it out.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• id show them to her maybe she gave u the wrong bag..could of ...and if she gave them to u on purpose ask her why..maybe she didnt realize they were that bad..all in all id say ask her about them in a polite manner..
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Is this your husband's sister or your brother's wife? If it is the prior, I would have DH say something along of the lines of "None of it was really anything we needed." If you even think she did it purpose, then probably, saying something confrontational with start drama.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• wash them, reevaluate, and yes, say something.
    Anonymous

• even if tey were wash with bleach in the load they wouldn't be worth anything , maybe cleaning rags possibly. but yuck I wouldn't want to clean anything in my house with them.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 1:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009