Why do people complain about others getting food stamps...

Seriously, I am so sick of reading about people THINKING they should have a say on what people can and cant buy with food stamps.. its bullshit! I get foodstamps and I'm not going to deprive my kids of the "regular" things kids get like snacks- you know juice boxes, cookies, whatever... why can't people just mind their own business and worry about what's in their own shopping cart?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• i understand completly sweets...i have the same problem..some people belive since its their taxes payin for it they should have a say in what we get our families...unfortunatly this is just a problem with society that we must deal with..i say if the gov says you get them its yours to do with as u see fit for u and ur family...good luck and just blow it off.
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think maybe they are misinformed about why some people have to be on food stamps. maybe they just see that some people are getting help and they are not. They could just be mean and unempathetic towardsaothers who have to struggle to make ends meet (if they do at all). Some people just can not understand things they have not dealt with or lived through. This is my best guess.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i think the problem is that alot of people abuse the system, unfortunately these people give food stamps a bad name. so its not always towards people who use them just people who abuse them.
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Why can’t people just have the kids they can afford? And not dip into everyone else’s shopping cart?!

I am so tired me and DH working our tails off and then have people go on about how they don’t want to be judged for being on foodstamps. I was ashamed for the 3 months I was on them; I was adult enough to bring my son into this world but was not adult enough to take care of him. If you are on foodstamps and are proud of it then you won’t be bothered when people on here say things. You don’t have anything to be bothered about. But if you get upset when people say things about it they you must be ashamed or deep down feel bothered about something. Being on assistance during a hard point in your life is one thing and with the economic state of our country I am sure the amount of people on assistance is going up. But if you are on them because you or your SO/DH is too lazy to work that is another. This is only IMO.
    Anonymous

• My family paid in over $20,000 in taxes this year that is going to help pay welfare services like your son's good snacks. I think it is BS that we have no say in where 20k of our money goes, so yes, I will get on here and tell you get a job or go generic while our money is paying for your groceries. We had kids when we could afford them. We went to school. We got jobs that could support us. We saved so if one of us loses a job, we're not screwed. We're not "one paycheck away from being on welfare" like everyone on welfare says to make themselves feel better. I would like an itemized receipt for that 20k so I know whether we're paying for someone's gastric bypass surgery after we paid for the food that got them that fat.
    Anonymous

• how do you know they didnt go to school and have a good job and lost their job. j maybe they saved money and had to spend it. ust because you are so great annon 11:15 that does not mean that everyone else does not have a rough spot. ya a lot of people do abuse the system but not everyone does. you paid taxes but that does not mean that you get to tell other people on food stamps what to buy since you gave your money to the gov. and the gov. gave it to them so its not your money anymore once it goes to the gov. so stop thinking that you are so much better cuz your not
    Anonymous

• I hear you. It's like they think people are robbing them of more money. What people get on food stamps is really no one's business.

I do think it would help to have a nutrition class and a budgeting class. There are people who feed their kids too much junk because they don't know better. And everybody could learn from better budgeting.

I'm on food stamps and welfare and I hate all the steriotypes and judgement out there.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• GET A JOB- Thats the problem, if you want good snacks for your kid, work your ass off to get them like everyone else.
    Anonymous

• I just think people abuse it and that sucks, because it comes from my tax dollars so I AM PAYING FOR YOUR GROCERIES AS WELL AS MINE
    Anonymous

• YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT SOMEONE ELSES SITUATION IS! YOU IGNORANT ASSES THAT SAID THE RUDE COMMENTS...MY MONEY WENT INTO TAXES WHEN I WORKED SO WHY CAN I NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT HOW I SEE FIT FOR MY FAMILY?!
    IN MY CURRENT SITUATION I CAN NOT WORK... I LOVE HOW THE PEOPLE WITH IGNORANT COMMENTS ALL WENT ANONYMOUS... MAYBE CAUSE YOU ARE IGNORANT BITCHES!?
    paigesmommy5264

Answer by paigesmommy5264 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2009