what would you do

my 21 year old daughter was on my computer the other day checking her email and when i went to check mine today i didnt realize it was still on hers and i got confused and opened an unread email. it was from a man who is not her husband and it was quite explicit.

should i mention something about it to her? i feel bad and i wish i didnt see it but i did and now i dont know what to do. i know this sounds like a likely story but i wasnt snooping! i know i should forget about it but its too hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Just tell her you found it and you read it and that your sorry!! and just ask her to tell you whats going on very calmly..... My mother found something just like this of mine while I was married and she went nutts on me! just be her friend right now and try not to be to much of a mother!! and let her know if she needs to talk that she can talk to you
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• hm this is tough. i hope some moms with older kids could help you out.... if this were me i wouldnt want to know my mom knew but if you think its going to cause tension between you 2 then maybe you should. i dont know good luck!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I WOULD CONFRONT HER WITH IT, TALK IT OUT AND TELL HER THAT JUST AS YOU RAN INTO THE EMAIL BY MISTAKE, SO CAN HUBBY.

Answer by older at 1:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• thanks i think i will bring it up just because its killing me that i dont know whats going on
    Anonymous

• i would bring it up..mistakes on comps happen.

but be sensitive she's going to be pissed off at you
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• yeah she's really going to be pissed!! but like they said...if you could read it...then she's not that careful about leaving it up...her husband can find it!! maybe by talking to her you can stop her from doing something really stupid!! good luck!!
    soccermama08

Answer by soccermama08 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• If it were my kids I would say something, the problem is now a days people don't say anything. Not being rude or mean, talk to her about it. Find out what is going on, you can stop a major problem, whether it be cheating, or fighting.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2009