Was your dog afraid of your LO?

Before I had my DS my dog would follow me everywhere. She was always on my heels. When I brought my DS home she freaked. She would run away when he cried and never came up to me anymore. She'll only go to my DH or any visitors we have at the house. How messed up is that?

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 1:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pets

• Maybe your dog isnt used to you son yet. Will she at least go and sniff to investigate him? She may feel like you dont want her anymore since you have the baby. Try taking her out on her own, leave your son with your husband for an hour, and take a short walk with her to let her know you still love her and want to spend time with her.
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I had a golden retriever when my daughter was born and she was fine with Kylie never missed a beat. Zippy passed when my daughter was 5 months and now we have a dog named Reagan if he have another baby Reagan witll probably react the same because she is a big wimp and the littlest things can scare her. When your sone cries don't react to the dog i wouldn't touch her or talk to her just act like everything is normal and i would start doing things with her one on one she will adjust. When i find something that Reagan is afraid of i desensitize her to it just continuesly introduce her to it until reagan is no longer bothered by it. it will take a little time but your dog will adjust to the baby
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2009