I am looking for a part-time job that I can do from home. My husband and I would like for me to be able to become a stay at home mom by the end of the year but we need to pay some of our small debts off. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I work for ChaCha! answering questions online that are texting in by people across the country. It's a legit business that requires you to apply, train, and pass a test to work for them. Please go to my profile and read my journal post about them :)

tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 1:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I know what you are going through. We made sure to pay off all of our debt before I went on maternity leave with my baby who is 9 months now. I have not returned to work and we decided I should stay at home. I'm still looking for that job I can do from home, but we are surviving cash wise. We realize how much of our income was going to debt! Create a monthly budget on everthing you spend. This way you will know how much extra income you will need. This worked for us, occasionally we dip into our savings, but not much. Good luck to you!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Have you looked into medical transcription? I know some people who do that from home while baby sleeps. I also so on HGTV about haver hill (I believe that's what it was called) about home staging. Not something you could do from home, but something you could do part time maybe.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 1:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have a list of Legit WAH Jobs on my website...

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• message me for info
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 2:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Hi, I work from home. I did my research and what I found is legit. I'm a single mom with 2 kids, and couldn't afford to be scammed. I'd be happy to tell you about it. Please feel free to pm me.

Sandy
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 3:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Have you considered a business?? I work at home with Tupperware and LOVE IT!! I'm helping pay bills and it's really going great for me. I'd love to tell you more if you are interested. Just check out my site at my2.tupperware.com/amyroca and let me know if you have ANY questions.
    GOOD LUCK.-Amy
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 4:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• This is what I do; it's a nice side income. The products are gorgeous too so that always helps!!

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have a list of places that I have used and made money from,

http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I found some great advice in this article on Yahoo Shine and in the blog the article refers to:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/saving-money-and-making-money-from-home-for-real-people-like-you-and-me-430565/

Everything from bread recipes, homemade laundry detergent recipes, mystery shopping for Longhorns, participating in focus groups for Subway and Lenscrafters, getting free samples from Walmart I have not had to buy shampoo in months!), online coupons, etc. There are no MLM or pyramid schemes, nothing asking for money on this blog that is referred to in the article. It is all creative, legit ways to make money at home. Whatever you do, do not pay to take part in a MLM scheme! Our family has been trying all of the ideas on this blog one by one. Go to the article above and the blog is in there. Hope it helps others like it has helped us!
    jh0816

Answer by jh0816 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2009