Is anyone else suffering from depresssion?

I just wanna know because I am and I feel so hopeless. Sometimes I wonder if there is even a reason to live anymore. I've tried getting help like talking to someone and I have taken so many different types of pills and I'm still on some but it doesn't even work. I just don't know what to do anym0re. I became depressed after my babys father left me stranded alone a week after our daughter was born. I'm still not over him but I can't seem to forgive him for his mistakes because he hurt me so bad. ='( What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Health

• Find support. Make sure it is someone who is going to feel you soul with love, someone who makes you feel great. Get counseling. Times seem really hard for you right now but remember this is all temporary. So sorry!   Go to your friends & ask for help.

Anonymous

• You really need to go to therapy, even if you don't think it's working. You don't go into a therapists office a few times and come out cured! It's a healing process that takes a while to do. I know my depression comes on really strong when I have traumatic things that I'm not dealing with in my life. Work out the underlying issues, it does help you cope with the chemical side of depression a lot better. Change your diet too, healthy foods. Don't stay inside all day, and be in well lit areas, it affects your mood. I have been fighting this for many years so I know how desparate you may be right now. I wish I could reach through the screen and hold your hand right now, I feel for you. Don't give up!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Force yourself to be happy,that's what I'm trying to do,it's easier than I thought.I didn't realize that there were good reasons for my sadness but also I was using it to get attention and self sabotoging myself;[self hatred] trying to make someone else happy like a mean parent or someone who let me down and I would use depression as a way to hate myself and to punish myself for what someone did to me.There's all kinds of reasons for depression and I'm not saying snap out of it.I realize now that there are deeper reasons for my depression and I'm trying to let go of that.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Same here I had a similar situation, the pills never helped me either, I'm over my babies dady and with a guy I that I want to marry but lately I'm just sad at everything, my guy tries so hard to make me happy and I just feel hopeless, like I'm all alone.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2009