What is the worst job you've had?

Why? I've worked in a restaurant where everyone hated me. I sucked at the job. I was never rude, always on time but didn't fit in.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• walmart!!!!!!!!
    gitanomadre

Answer by gitanomadre at 1:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• What happened? Details please
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Petland. I love animals so much and want to work with them as much as I can. I was told that it was an amazing job, gets you great experience points and that the animals all come from licensed breeders not puppy mills. I even told customers that. Then I found out otherwise and was soon after fired. I feel like shit for "supporting puppy mills" and just want to make it clear that I am sorry and was played
    Anonymous

• OMG I have so many horrible job experiences. (I actually loved working at Walmart..lol)

1) I walked business to business "soliciting" basically. Trying to sell them whatever merchandise we had in our big black bags. We walked over 7 miles hitting pretty much every store on the road. I worked there ONE day. And I didn't even get paid because I was just "testing" it out to see if I liked it...which I didn't. But when I got back to talk to the boss man he told me he didn't think I was cut out for the job andI just started crying. It was awful. I didn't want the job anyways but to tell me I wasn't good enough for it was so wrong. I think they use people for free labor!

Cont..
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• 2) Selling "Tri-star Cleaning Systems"...had to go to people's houses and do a demo and try and convince them to buy a $2000 vacuum cleaner. Never got paid for that job either and I worked for 2 weeks...but it was commission only. All the people I did manage to convince to buy one didn't get their credit approved.

3: Daycares!! I worked 3 of them and the ladies were just awful. Not all but the directors were just in it for the money and they didn't like the kids at all. They did all sorts of mean things to them.

4) A popcorn factory. Need I say more? I also worked in a Gas Meter Factory.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I worked as a carhop at a drive in. It was gross!!
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 1:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Definitely daycares!!! It was so bad that I vowed if I ever had kids I would not put them in day care. Then I had my daughter and was still working at a daycare. I was 'lucky' enough to get to bring her to work with me. She was next door but there was a glass window between us so I could see her. I ran in after listening to her scream for 20 minutes for her 'teacher' to tell me "What? I was just letting her cry it out" .....umm..I never gave permission for anyone to let my baby cry it out. I grabbed her, quit my job, and never looked back. I worked at another daycare (before that one) and the director would give fussy babies tylenol. "They must be teething" she would always say. She never asked the parents and it was HER tylenol from her desk drawer. Some of the employees would go on lunch together and come back stoned. Please be aware at where you are sending your children. I've seen some aweful sh*t!
    Anonymous

• I guess the worst job was at a little store that included a lunch area and a retail area. And everyone there, customers, employees, smoked. I smelled like stale smoke.

Answer by Bmat at 1:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Walmart lol and Safeway, walmart because they work you to the bone for such little pay, and if managers don't like you they'll they really pick on you and really try hard to find a reason to fire you (the managers were really shady @ the store I was @ they fired a guy 4 calling in sick even though he is was in the hospital), but the benefits were good, @safeway I just hate smelling like meat and the constant secret shoppers
    Anonymous

• A home health aide my patient had cancer, she was the NICEST lady, but part of my job in her home was to clean her bathroom. She had colon cancer with a bag and it opened all over up and down far and wide. The bathroom was small and it ended up on my uniform all around during cleaning. omg what a mess!!!
    Anonymous