suggestions?

i have a bunch of old candle jars and i cant get the wax out of them theres nothing left to burn but the wax at the bottom is still there and up the sides. i tried scraping it, i put it on a hot stove, i put them in hot water, does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get the wax out. i want to use them to put my daughters sea shells, and other random outside objects she collects in.

armywife142

Asked by armywife142 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• put them in a pot of boiling water it should soften them up so you can get it out
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Have you put them in boiling water, about 10 min. I have done that before.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 1:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• no thank you, ive been trying everything but that, for days now. lol....thanks again
    armywife142

Answer by armywife142 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I freeze mine and then when I take them out I sometimes have to just hit the wax with a knife to break it into pieces and the it comes out.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• when you boil it in water, don't forget to put the jar in BEFORE it boils! that way the glass won't shatter from the temp difference.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I always get wax out by putting them in the freezer. They pop right out. I'm not sure that melting the wax in hot water works.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I don't know.. normally I scrap mine. I take one of those oven lighters.. burn a little, scrap a little, burn alittle scrap alittle..
    good luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2009