so for the past two days last night and early this afternoon my daughter had projectile vomitted her milk without warning and a lot has come out and it she didnt even finish the whole bottle (6 oz) should there be a concern either way im taking her to the dr today just wondering if this has happened to anyone else

m.wallace

Asked by m.wallace at 1:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How many months is baby? Sounds like acid reflux or it could be the formula.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Sounds like she is allergic to the milk my daughter did the same thing. My son did the same thing too and we had to change him to soy. Now he does fine.
    GADawgMom

Answer by GADawgMom at 1:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• shes one yrs old and has been on the same formula since birth
    m.wallace

Answer by m.wallace at 1:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My son did that for almost a week. It does not mean she's allergic to milk. She probably just has a stomach bug. Or, does she have any nasal drainage or coughing? She may have a cold that causes an upset tummy sometimes. They will tell you to feed her pedialyte or formula about 1 oz at a time and feed her a BRAT diet.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My daughter had the same problem. She was 15months when it started. She would throw up milk when she drank it and some foods. Someone told me it was probably acid reflux. So we followed what they said to do and she hasn't since. We started giving her soy milk instead of regular milk, and make sure she doesn't eat anything close to bedtime/naptime. And watch for spicy foods or foods with alot of garlic and stuff like that. Hope this helps!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• she has been coughing a lil started a lil dry then maybe for a day or so started gettign a lil more congested not much tho no nasal drainage ..srry but whats a brat diet?
    m.wallace

Answer by m.wallace at 2:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Happens to me all the time. The doctor said as long as she gains weight she's fine. I've changed formulas, had her checked for everything under the sun and it still happens. The only thing they could say is she probably has a hyper sensitive gag reflex. I just have to watch her like a hawk.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• thank you all i guess ill find out for sure from the doc
    m.wallace

Answer by m.wallace at 2:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Brat diet is plain foods. Bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. I bet you that it's from the nasal drainage down the back of the throat but the doc can tell you for sure. Glad you got her in today and hope she feels better.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My DD had this when she had an ear infection. So gross!
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 2:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009