anyone take a test in mid or late day and get a postive?

If so, how late was your period. I am a week late and i here you should only take them first thing in morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wasn't even late yet, took it in the late afternoon and got a positive.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I took mine in the evening when I got home from work and it only took a few seconds for it to come back positive. I was about a week late.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 1:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My period was about a week late and I took my HPT in the late afternoon. My pee bearly touched it and it turned positive!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 1:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i was 4 days late and took mine about 11 pm before bed. it was positive but very light so i tried to calm down and took another one first thing in the morning and it looked exactly the same! ive heard of people taking them 3 or 4 days before even being late in mid afternoon evening and it being positive. im pretty srue its all about your hormone levels. a friend of mine didnt get a positive till 12 weeks
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I took mine when I wasn't even due to have my period, but I just knew I was. I took one in the afternoon when my hubby was home for lunch because he wanted to be here . And of course it was positive
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i was 2 or 3 days late and took one at night and it was positive and then i took another one in the morning(cuz it was 2 tests in a pack) and that one was positive to
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I was 5 days late & tooke the test mid afternoon, I had a bright pink "+" in seconds (later miscarried), however the reason you have heard to take the test in the morning is that excess HCG, pregnancy hormone, is removed from the bloodstream while you sleep, so it will be at its highest concentration in the urine when you 1st wake up. If you want to take an afternoon or evening test go ahead, but if its neg & you don't get your period in a week retest. Good Luck!!!
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 2:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i tested that night of the day i was suppose too start cause i was always one too start first thing in the morning and when i didn't i figured lets see so i got a dollar store test and took it at like 9pm and it came out a faint positive and then i took one two or three days later in the morning and it came back a strong positive all dollar store test
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 2:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009