• In the Spotlight:

what are good foods to eat that will fill me up yet taste good and are not to fattening? I want to loose weight but I am always hungry!

I am 5 months PP and just stopped Breast feeding, I am trying to go to the gym 2-3 times a week. So what foods would help me stay full and focused?

amber325

Asked by amber325 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• fruits and vegetables are always good choices. Limit bread and pasta and whole wheat is better then white. Also stick with lean meats.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Brown rice with grilled skinless chicken breast and veggies
    tuna made with light mayo with lettuce or fat free crackers
    cottage cheese and peaches
    bake potato and salsa (high on carbs but low fat and calories, also fills you up)
    Drink water through out the day, in the morning, for breakfast lunch and dinner.
    I have completly cut bread and most potatoes out of my diet
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 2:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Pay attention to extras as well..you'd be surprised how many calories are in that slice of cheese you add to your sandwich or the mayo or salad dressing you dip things in. There are healthier alternatives, you just have to find them. Look for low fat/low cal varieties. Also, watch the fiber content on foods you purchase. Any snack foods that you get should have at least 2-4g of fiber per serving. Fiber helps fill you up so if you get snack foods that have fiber, you'll eat less of them. Healthy Choice Fudgcicles are really yummy and have a ton of fiber in them! Fruits and veggies are also a good source of fiber as well as whole grains. I've been getting Nature's own Light bread...if you cut the amount of meat in half, use low cal cheese and nature's light bread you can literally cut your lunch calories in half and not miss them! Splenda has sweetener packets with fiber in them as well...add fiber to your coffee!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• FIBER
    Anonymous

• lots and lots of fiber which you can get from fruits/veggies. also drink lots of water it will fill you up and it has no empty calories plus it's great for you all around...
    staci1103

Answer by staci1103 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• protein, it will keep you lean! Chicken, fish, egg whites... Eat with green veggies, lots of green veggies to get you full and lose wieght. Also try to drink a glass of water before every meal, it will fill you up and help you eat less. Try snacking on almonds as well.
    lorilu12

Answer by lorilu12 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• Really I think of it this way, just eat wholesome food, your meats, fresh veggies and fruits, breads, dairy. Try to stay away from packaged snacks and junk food. Junk food is one thing I can eat and eat and eat and still be hungry. Also drink water, milk and juices instead of cokes. Some good tasty snacks (to me) would be yogurt, applesauce, granola bar, dry cereal (with alot of fiber, not a sugary cereal), fruit or veggies, Edy's fruit popsicles (made with real fruit), whole grain crackers with a slice of cheese..hope this helps
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• thanks :) I just went to the store and got oatmeal/ cereals/ fruit and some spinach leaves :)
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• All of these answers are good, but I want to add this ~ READ your ingredients before you buy! STAY AWAY from any ingredient that has HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). Seriously! It is in everything, even our typical "diet foods". One of the many bad things about this inredient is that it inhibits the gene that tells us we are full, thus making us feel hungry and making us want to eat more. I lost 10 lbs. and I really think I kept it off just by not eating (or drinking) anything with HFCS in it. Try it and see for yourself.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I'm on the lose weight diet and they give you all the help you need really. the website is www.theloseweightdiet.com and it's really just a typical diet but i've been on it for 2 weeks now and have lost 4lbs! so it must work if you follow it right. It doesn't require money and you can do it every day if you put your mind to it. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2009