any advice

Ok my son is two we started potty training maybe two weeks ago and he's doing great at it and telling me when he has to go, but sometimes he tells me when were at a store of restraunt were there's not a bathroom, what should I do I don't want to tell him to hold it but there's not a bathroom?

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 2:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Tell him to hold it and get him to the bathroom but have a change of clothes, pullups with you incase he does have an accident. Don't scream at him or punishment if he has an accident. And I'd map out the bathrooms in all of the stores you frequent. I learned to grocery stop only in stores whose bathrooms are at the front of the stores and to potty every two to four stores sometimes five before shopping. At malls, I suggest parking at an anchor store cause you can easily take the elevator up to the bathroom!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, just always have some changing clothes with you and some pull-ups you never know when there is not a bathroom. If you are just starting out anyways there will be accidents sometimes.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2009