Ovarian cysts

I have a cyst on my left ovary. When we did a sonogram a year ago the cyst was 2 1/2". My doctor changed my birth control and did another sono a month later and they cyst had shrank. Anytime it would burst I would be in so much pain. Just recently I started feeling the exact same pains. Before when it would burst it would just be pain but now when I feel the pains I have started to spot and I have had a few blood clots. Could it be from my cyst?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 2:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2009 in Health

• Yeah. My sister has the same thing, and she has been bleeding alot from it lately. Her Dr just put her on a new birth control.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• But it had been going on for about 4 months before and i never bled from it.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 2:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• That sounds like her too. She has had it on and off for a few years. She has to go in for ultrasounds all the time.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have had like 4 of them removed, and have had them the size of a grapefruit & lil larger. So I can say yes! I have even passed out from the pain before when one ruptured. They are horrible. Nothing can realy help them other than the bc or haveing it removed. However since I had my first child I have only had one that was that bad. If you are in alot of pain you can have it removed but usually that hurts just as bad. I wish I had better news for you. But there really isn't anything to help prevent them. My dr's always said no caffine, but it didn't help either I still got them. Also, you will want to self examine your breast often being you are prone to cycst. Despite what some dr's say they are more likely with you having them on your ovaries too. I have learned this from many women who have had the same thing, some drs agree some don't. Good Luck, hope you feel better soon.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009