what is the right way to sleep for the pregnant on the right ,on the left or on her back.

when I sleep on the left or on the right I do not feel comfortable and when I sleep on my back I feel all my body harm me I do not know why?please I need your help for mopre deatial I am pregnant for 7 months now.

mom977

Asked by mom977 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've read that sleeping on your right is best for the baby.

When I was in my third trimester I took my son's beanbag chair, covered it with a sheet, and used it as a pillow. It allowed me to sleep on an incline and was really comfortable! Basically I laid my entire upper body on it.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Sleeping on your left side is the recommended way. A huge vein, the vena cava, runs on your right side. When you sleep on your back in the end of your pregnancy your added weight can put way too much pressure on this vein, restricting blood flow and causing you to feel faint and/or pass out. Laying on your right side can also cause the vein to be restricted, but not as badly.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 9:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Sleeping on your left is best bc of the vena cava. Everything Supershlea said is right
    pchef_nicole

Answer by pchef_nicole at 12:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I agree with supershlea and pchef_nicole, sleeping on your left side is the best position for you and the baby. Even at the hospital while in labor and delivery they try and make you stay on your left side. I however and my son didn't like my left side and I layed on my right side all the time even when I was in labor and he was happier that way, when they tried to make me turn to my left side his heart rate went down so they made me turn back over
    cacjrmommy

Answer by cacjrmommy at 1:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008